Postpartum self assessment
1. Do you feel unprepared for the role of mother?
2. Are you down or anxious more than you are content or happy?
3. Are you embarrassed to share with family and friends what you’re really feeling?
4. Is your marriage suffering as a result of this transition?
5. Does it feel like everything is going wrong?
6. Is caring for your infant not at all what you thought it would be?
7. Are you depleted most of the time?
8. Do you feel guilty about not being a “good enough” mother?
9. Is your experience with the new baby making you question having another?
10. Are you secretly wondering if you’ve made a mistake?
If you can answer Yes to even just a few of these I would encourage you to get some support.